You must have known about fenugreek. It is also called Methika. Fenugreek is used in every household. People like the greens of fenugreek leaves very much. Many people like fenugreek chutney. Fenugreek Seeds are used to make soap and cosmetics. Apart from this, fenugreek also has many benefits. Did you know that fenugreek is also used as a medicine , and diseases are treated by taking benefits from fenugreek?
It has been told in Ayurveda that fenugreek is also a medicine for many diseases. Its seeds are used as spices as well as medicine. Fenugreek laddus are specially given to pregnant women in villages. Fenugreek and fenugreek oil have properties to control diabetes and prevent knot formation. Let us know how you can take the benefits of fenugreek .
What is Fenugreek? (What is Methika in Hindi?)
Fenugreek plant is grown once in a year. Plant height is about 2-3 feet tall. The plant bears small flowers. Its pods are like moong dal. Its seeds are very small. It is bitter in taste. Fenugreek leaves are light green and flowers are white in colour. Its pods contain 10 to 20 small, yellowish-brown seeds with a strong odor. These seeds are used in many diseases. There is another species of it, which is called Van Fenugreek. It is of low quality. It is used as animal feed.
Name of Fenugreek in Different Languages in other languages
The botanical name of fenugreek is Trigonella foenum graecum (Trigonella foenum-graecum Linn. & Syn-Trigonella tibetana (Alef.) Vassilcz.). It is a plant of the Fabaceae family. Its name in English and various Indian languages are as follows:-
Fenugreek in –
- Hindi – मेथी
- English – फेनुग्रीक (Fenugreek), ग्रीक हे (Greek hay), ग्रीक क्लोवर (Greek clover)
- Sanskrit – मेथिका, मेथिनी, मेथी, दीपनी, बहुपत्रिका, बोधिनी, बहुबीजा, ज्योति, गन्धफला, वल्लरी, चन्द्रिका, मन्था, मिश्रपुष्पा, कैरवी, कुञ्चिका, बहुपर्णी, पीतबीजा, मुनिच्छदा
- Oriya – मेथी (Methi)
- Assamese – मेथी (Methi)
- Kannada – मेंथे (Menthe), मेन्ते (Mente)
- Gujarati – मेथी (methi), मेथनी (Methani)
- Tamil – मेंटुलु (Mentulu), वण्डयम् (Vandayam)
- Telugu – मेन्तीकूरा (Mentikura); मेन्तूलू (Mentulu)
- Bengali – मेथी (Methi), मेथनी (Methani)
- Nepali – मेथी (Methi)
- Punjabi – मेथी (Methi), मेथिनी (Methini)
- Marathi – मेथी (Methi)
- Malayalam – उल्लव (Ullav), उलूवा (Uluva)
- Manipuri – मेथी (Methi)
- Arabic – हिल्बेह (Hilbeh), हुल्बाह (Hulbah)
Fenugreek Benefits and Uses
The benefits of fenugreek are given below:-
Medicinal properties of fenugreek are beneficial in preventing hair fall (Methika Seeds Benefits in Hair Loss in Hindi)
Hair fall can be stopped by the benefits of fenugreek. For this, soak 1-2 teaspoons of fenugreek seeds overnight. Grind it in the morning and apply it on the roots of the hair. Wash the hair after an hour. By applying two to three times a week, hair fall stops ( methi dana benefits for hair) .
Benefits of Methika Seed to Treat Runny Ear
The benefits of fenugreek can be taken in the disease of ear discharge. Grind fenugreek seeds in milk. Filter it and prepare it. Make this juice lukewarm or slightly warm and put 1-2 drops in the ear. This stops the bleeding of the ear.
Benefits of taking fenugreek in heart disease (Methika Seed is Beneficial for Heart in Hindi)
- Fenugreek is beneficial for heart disease due to its antioxidant properties. It maintains proper blood circulation. Fenugreek contains soluble fiber which reduces the risk of heart disease. To keep the heart healthy, drink 10-15 ml decoction of fenugreek mixed with honey.
- Fenugreek seeds also reduce bad cholesterol. Consuming powdered fenugreek seeds daily reduces bad cholesterol (methika benefits).
Benefits of Consuming Fenugreek in Stomach Disease (Fenugreek Benefits to Get Relief from Stomach Problems in Hindi)
Fenugreek seeds are very beneficial in relieving constipation. Consume Fenugreek, Chandrasoor, Mangarella (Kalonji) and Ajwain daily. It is beneficial in diseases related to gas, dyspepsia, abdominal pain, loss of appetite, flatulence, abdominal pain and back pain.
Fenugreek is Beneficial in Fighting with Constipation in Hindi
The medicinal properties of fenugreek are beneficial in constipation. If you are troubled by constipation, then eat greens made of fenugreek leaves. This gives relief from the problem of constipation. Fenugreek softens the stool and cures constipation.
Medicinal properties of Fenugreek to stop vomiting (Fenugreek Seed Benefits to Stop Vomiting in Hindi)
The medicinal properties of fenugreek are beneficial in the problem of vomiting. If you are troubled by frequent vomiting, then take powder of fenugreek seeds. This stops vomiting. Please consult an ayurvedic doctor before taking the remedy.
Medicinal properties of fenugreek are beneficial in controlling blood sugar (Methika Powder Benefits to Control Blood Sugar Level)
- You can also take the benefits of fenugreek in diabetes . Regular consumption of fenugreek controls the amount of sugar in the blood.
- Make a powder of one spoon of fenugreek seeds. Take it every morning on an empty stomach with lukewarm water.
- Soak fenugreek seeds in water daily. Chew it and eat it in the morning. Drink water from fenugreek seeds from above.
Benefits of Fenugreek in Dysentery (Methika Seed Benefits to Stop Dysentery in Hindi)
- Fenugreek can be used to treat dysentery. For this, fry 5 grams of fenugreek seeds in ghee. Eating this is beneficial in diarrhea.
- Make a decoction by roasting fenugreek seeds . Taking 15-20 ml decoction is beneficial in dysentery.
- If you are suffering from diarrhea for a long time, then taking 1-2 grams of fenugreek powder mixed with buttermilk is beneficial.
Fenugreek is Beneficial for After Pregnancy Women in Hindi
- Women get many benefits from the medicinal properties of fenugreek after childbirth. Fenugreek seeds increase milk in the breasts of pregnant women. Consumption of fenugreek also increases the quality of mother’s milk, which also improves the health of the baby. Mothers can consume fenugreek vegetable, soup etc.
- Cook cumin, fennel, soya, fenugreek etc. by mixing jaggery, milk and cow’s ghee. Make it a drink. It is beneficial in diseases of vagina, fever, tuberculosis, cough, shortness of breath, anemia, thinness etc.
- Consumption of fenugreek is also beneficial in gas formation and diseases caused by gas.
- Fenugreek seeds are soaked overnight and eaten in the morning.
Benefits of Fenugreek for Menstrual Problems in Menstrual Disorders
- Today a large number of women are suffering from problems related to menstruation. Women start having problems like abdominal pain, excessive bleeding during menstruation. The process of menstruation is controlled by a hormone called estrogen. Fenugreek seeds have estrogen properties, so it is beneficial in problems related to menstruation. Blood is also formed by the consumption of fenugreek, and the pain is also less (methi dana ke interactions). To overcome menstrual problems, take 1-2 grams of fenugreek seeds .
- You can also drink tea made from fenugreek seeds. Make the fenugreek tea sweet and let it cool down a bit. Add honey to it. will benefit more.
Benefits of Methika for Gonorrhea Treatment in Hindi
Taking 1-2 grams of fenugreek powder mixed with jaggery is beneficial in gonorrhea . Before taking the remedy, definitely consult an Ayurvedic doctor.
Benefits of Methika for Healing Wounds
- The medicinal properties of fenugreek are beneficial in the wound. If there is swelling in the wound, and if there is burning sensation, then grind fenugreek leaves and apply it on the wound. Due to this both swelling and burning of the wound gets cured.
- Grind fenugreek seeds and apply fenugreek seeds in closed mouth sores.
According to a research, fenugreek has anti-oxidant and hepato-protective properties. It is also beneficial for the liver.
Benefits of Methika to Cure Neurological Disorder
Take 1-2 grams powder of fenugreek seeds. It is beneficial in disorders related to nervous system. By using it gradually the problems of the nervous system start getting better.
Medicinal properties of fenugreek are beneficial when there is pain in the body (Methi Benefits to Get Relief from Body Pain in Hindi)
Fenugreek seeds have pain-relieving properties. Taking 1-2 grams of fenugreek powder ends body pain.
Methika Benefits for Skin Disease
You can also treat skin diseases with the benefits of fenugreek. Make a paste of fenugreek. Apply it on skin diseases such as herpes-scabies-itching or eczema. It gives benefits.
Benefits of Fenugreek in Swelling (Methika Benefits to Reduce Inflammation in Hindi)
- Fenugreek also has anti-inflammatory properties. Grinding fenugreek leaves and seeds provides relief in case of any kind of swelling.
- Grind fenugreek seeds and barley flour with vinegar. If there is swelling on the cheeks, then apply a thin paste on the cheeks. This reduces swelling (methi dana ke interactions).
Fenugreek is an Ayurvedic medicine to treat Arthritis .
Fenugreek is also beneficial in arthritis. Actually gout is caused due to vata dosha. Fenugreek has properties to balance Vata. It helps in reducing the pain of arthritis. You should consult an Ayurvedic doctor about the use of fenugreek in arthritis.
Benefits of Methika for Digestive Disorder
Fenugreek has hot and light properties. Due to this, it keeps the digestive system strong by increasing the digestive fire. It also helps in increasing appetite.
If you have blood pressure problem then you can take benefit from fenugreek. Fenugreek has anti-hypertensive properties which help in controlling blood pressure.
Useful Parts of Methika in Hindi
You can use the following parts of the fenugreek plant:-
How to use Fenugreek? (How to Use Methika in Hindi?)
- Fenugreek seeds decoction – 10-20 ml
- Fenugreek seeds powder – 1-2 grams
For maximum benefits, use fenugreek as per the advice of an ayurvedic doctor.
Read more: Home Remedies for Tonsils with Fenugreek
Fenugreek Side Effects
Fenugreek can also cause harm:-
- Use it carefully with diabetes medicines. It can lower the sugar level.
Where is fenugreek found or grown? (Where is Methi Found or Grown?)
Fenugreek is cultivated in all the states of India. Fenugreek is cultivated mainly in the upper Gangetic plains and in Kashmir and Punjab. It is particularly cultivated in the Mediterranean, southern Europe and western Asia. It is cultivated in China because of its fragrant seeds. It is cultivated for animal feed in Africa.